Thursday, January 7, 2010

What are some great organic shampoos?

I've just begun thinking about chemicals in my shampoos. Presently our house uses Pert and Pantene. What shampoo would you recommend for a great hair cleaning (with no leftover residue, cleans the grease/for oily hair)?





Where do you buy it and how much about do they go for?


ThanksWhat are some great organic shampoos?
Aubry organics, are really nice, and they have NO ALS ammonium laurel sulfate, which is like poison, and in almost all types of shampoo (yikes) but Aubrey doesnt have it, even some organic shampoos have it too, so be carefull.





I can get Aubrey either on there website and delivered to my house, or even at my local grocery store in the organic food section, they have a little section with organic soaps and such, It runs about 10.00 dollars a bottle for each, but you only need a little, since there is not ALS in it, its not suppose to sud up, so only like a quarter size amount in the palm works really good :)What are some great organic shampoos?
I use Max Green Alchemy scalp rescue products. They're absolutely wonderful, I've been using them for over 2 years. I also have slightly greasy/oily hair and it cleans beautifully and there is never any residue. You can buy these products on their website (maxgreenalchemy.com) and it's about $14.00 for each bottle of 8.8 ounces.








This shampoo is also certified Vegan and Cruelty Free!!
ShiKai and Avalon Organics are other brands to consider.





FYI, here's a link to body care products and cosmetics evaluated according to the safety or toxicity of their ingredients:


http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep/
A shampoo and conditioner called ';Olive Oil';. It can be found in the beauty supply store or similiar stores like walgreens. If not available ask the cashier where you can purchase it.





Here is how it looks.





http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.j鈥?/a>
I really like Alba Organics or Avalon Organics. Also, there's Kiss My Face and Shikai.





I have been using one from Lush called I Love Juicy. It's available through www.lush.com. It's a little pricey but a little goes a long way, and it leaves hair absolutely squeaky clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment