Thursday, January 7, 2010

Have any one used Natural and Organic Baby shampoo and body wash lotions. If so any comments.?

My daughter is 7 months old and I have only ever used Arbonne products on her. They are all safe and natural swiss botanicals. She uses the body/hair wash and lotionHave any one used Natural and Organic Baby shampoo and body wash lotions. If so any comments.?
I use California Baby products and they are great. I use this website to choose the safest products for my baby: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/special鈥?/a>


Also, you should read this article if you are interested in the dangers of a lot of non-natural baby shampoo and soap: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22979800/





';Baby shampoos, lotions and powders may expose infants to chemicals that have been linked with possible reproductive problems, a small study suggests.


The chemicals, called phthalates, are found in many ordinary products including cosmetics, toys, vinyl flooring and medical supplies. They are used to stabilize fragrances and make plastics flexible.


In the study, they were found in elevated levels in the urine of babies who鈥檇 been recently shampooed, powdered or lotioned with baby products.


...';Have any one used Natural and Organic Baby shampoo and body wash lotions. If so any comments.?
I am a big fan of Burt's bee baby shampoo and lotions. I have been using their products for years on both myself and my kids. They have a great line of exclusively baby products. They are free of chemicals and smell really great too!





Here are what some other parents say about Burt's Bee's as well: http://www.viewpoints.com/Burts-Bees-Bab鈥?/a>
not many, unless baby is sick or something then we may take her a bath... i don't think i've ever used shampoo on baby and she's 9 months old... we do clean her with a cloth though if she's gotten something sticky on her by accident... or if i drop my food on her while she's in the mei tai..





just think of all those good oils and that new baby smell that you're just washing down the drain, our baby still smells new and i just love that. (unless baby gets that stinky formula, which ours fortunately never has had.)





babecology has some nice Organic abby products that I actually just use for myself, it's totally natural. The mango balm is great. The lavendar oil is really nice too.
Though my baby was grown up when I learned of them, a friend of mine was using California Baby on her adorable daughter and I was quite impressed - even tried it myself (shh don't tell).





I really like the products and the thought that has gone into them. I have since given a small gift combo at every baby shower; this has resulted in phone calls later with rave reviews and questions about where they can get more.





I go to school with some people that are hard to please in this department - the majority are studying natural medicine, and almost everyone is hyper-aware of the significance of toxins and organics, so the fact that my friend, and fellow student, had chosen this for her child was quite significant to me.


Check it out yourself:


http://www.californiababy.com/


(my favorite is the calming shampoo)

No comments:

Post a Comment