Thursday, January 7, 2010

I need some tips with organic shampoo?

I have been using organic shampoo for about a year now. Many times I have the problem with it making my hair very oily. If I use regular shampoo my hair it will not get that way. However, I do not want to use it because all the chemicals make my scalp so dry and irritated. I need some tips of maybe a brand, a way to make my own( please no coconut oil base), or anything that will allow me to use organic shampoo without it getting oily. It would be great if it did not have coconut oil... I have a huge problem getting it out of my hair.I need some tips with organic shampoo?
I like Nature's Gate Calming Shampoo with Tea Tree. It cleans the scalp very well. It is a little bit drying to my hair and I have to follow it with a natural conditioner, so I think it might help with oily hair. Rosemary, Chamomile and Nettles are 3 ingredients to look for in a natural shampoo, to calm irritated scalp.





There are lots of good natural hair products out there. You just need to choose one that's right for you. I've had good experience with Tom's of Maine, Heritage Products and Mill Creek.





Edit: I just remembered that I used to rinse my hair w/ apple cider vinegar or lemon juice diluted w/ 3 parts water. Great to get soap out but dries my hair. That might help get the oil out of yours.I need some tips with organic shampoo?
you should try mane and tail shampoo and conditioner. you can find them at any store like walmart, meijer, and walgreens probably has it too. they used it for horses a long time ago and noticed that it made the horses' hair very shiny,healthy, and rich so they made it into shampoo and conditioner for humans. I use it for my hair because i have the same problem. it works very well for me.


: )hope i helped ya!


-shelly
I've been using Burt's Bees baby shampoo. It's not organic but is completely natural. Cleans nicely and is very gentle.
I don't know if where you live there is wholefood marked,try their own brand * (365)* it is very good. I changed my shampoo to this shampoo because I was suffering from allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment