Saturday, December 19, 2009

What are the pros and cons of organic shampoo?

i've used them for awhile, but i realized today that there really is no reason why i do. so i want to know the pros and cons of organic shampoos and conditioner. i use the Avalon Organics line.What are the pros and cons of organic shampoo?
I use organic shampoo! I have been using it for quite a long time. About a month ago, I tried normal shampoo, and it gave me a terrible headache! It's healthier for your body in general.What are the pros and cons of organic shampoo?
If you don't notice a difference in your hair then you might want to think about buying another brand. Organic and natural shampoos aren't as harsh on your hair as regular shampoos. The chemicals in regular shampoos, like sulfates, dry out your hair, which can make it brittle and hard. The main difference I notice is that my hair isn't as dry after using natural shampoo as opposed to regular. In fact, I've used regular moisturizing conditioner and natural shampoo and the conditioner dried out my hair badly. Instead of using shampoo, now I use a cleansing conditioner called Wen. It's all natural and the formula is patent (don't find many of those with hair products). I can use this every day if I wanted and it wouldn't dry out my hair. If my hair gets too dry then it can break off and become very unmanageable.





If you wash your hair every day or every other day, then you should stick with a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner so your hair doesn't become too dry during that process.





I prefer the Giovanni brand, but I also use Burt's Bees. Wen is the only thing I used to wash my hair with. Also, keep in mind that there are no standards to dictate what is Organic or Natural. Most products on store shelves are not 100% organic or natural. The only thing that is 100% natural that I use is Wen. It's hard to find 100% organic or natural products in stores, but they can easily be found online.
The issue is them, organic shampoos and conditioner is not the issue

No comments:

Post a Comment